RECEIVING NAMES UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2018
Calvary Episcopal Church is located in beautiful and historic Charleston, South Carolina. Calvary is a member of the Episcopal Church in South Carolina. The Episcopal Church in South Carolina is in Province IV of The Episcopal Church. The work of the rector is governed by the Constitution and Canons of Calvary Episcopal Church, the Constitution and Canons of The Episcopal Church in South Carolina, and the laws of the State of South Carolina.
Calvary Episcopal Church is seeking a Permanent Part-Time Rector with the possibility of the position developing into a Full-Time Rector. The ideal candidate will be a gifted preacher, a visionary, have a heart for urban ministry, embrace diversity, be open to a progressive approach to social and spiritual issues, and a minister who fully embodies the love of Christ for all of humanity. The successful candidate will play a strategic role as Calvary seeks to grow into a larger congregation, focused on preserving its rich history and expanding its reach to the surrounding community and the world.
- Preaching and presiding over Holy Eucharist
- Presiding over monthly vestry meetings
- Overseeing parish ministries and developing and administering Christian formation programs for all ages
- Preaching and presiding over weddings and funerals
- Developing a strategic plan for promoting congregational growth, numerically and spiritually
- Developing a strategic plan for attracting millennials, college students, and residents from the surrounding community
- Providing pastoral care
- Leading the annual stewardship campaign
- Ordained or pursuing ordination within the Episcopal Church
- Multicultural ministry experience
- Awareness of and sensitivity to social issues affecting minority communities
- Proven leadership skills
- Good administrative skills
- Salary and benefits
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and four references to AMcKellar@episcopalchurchsc.org.
- For more information visit calvaryrectorsearch.org.